For the purposes of this subchapter the term:
(1) “Agency” means any office, department, division, board, commission, or other agency of the District government, required by law or by the Mayor or Council to administer any law or any rule adopted under the authority of a law. The term “agency” does not include: The Superior Court of the District of Columbia, the District of Columbia Court of Appeals, those agencies identified in §§ 1-1001.03, 3-302, 6-621.01, 1-204.95 [repealed] and 34-801, or the Executive Office of the Mayor as defined in this subchapter.
(2) “Reorganization” is the process described in § 1-315.03.
(3) “Executive Office of the Mayor” means those offices or agencies expressly established to provide managerial, budgetary, personnel, secretarial, planning, informational, and special assistance to the Mayor in carrying out the Mayor’s administrative functions in the management of the District government. The term “Executive Office of the Mayor” does not include the Office of Personnel established by § 1-604.02.
(4) “Rule” means the whole or any part of any Mayor’s, Council’s, or agency’s statement of general or particular applicability and future effect designed to implement, interpret, or prescribe law or policy, or to describe the organization, procedure, or practice requirement of the Mayor, Council, or of any agency.
(5) “Boards and commissions” means bodies established by law or by order of the Mayor consisting of appointed members to perform a trust or execute official functions on behalf of the District government.
1981 Ed., § 1-299.2.