(a) A custody order entered under this chapter may include any of the following:
(1) Sole legal custody to the third party;
(2) Sole physical custody to the third party;
(3) Joint legal custody between the third party and a parent;
(4) Joint physical custody between the third party and a parent; or
(5) Any other custody arrangement the court determines is in the best interests of the child.
(b) An order granting relief under this chapter shall be in writing and shall recite the findings upon which the order is based.
Effect of Amendments
D.C. Law 17-353 validated a previously made technical correction in the section designation.
For temporary (90 day) addition, see § 2(b) of Safe and Stable Homes for Children and Youth Emergency Amendment Act of 2007 (D.C. Act 17-69, July 9, 2007, 54 DCR 6826).