Code of the District of Columbia

§ 2–1201.02. Establishment; purposes. [Omitted]

Omitted.


(Mar. 29, 1977, D.C. Law 1-97, § 3, 23 DCR 9532b; Oct. 17, 1981, D.C. Law 4-42, § 9(a), 28 DCR 3425.)

Prior Codifications

1981 Ed., § 1-2202.

1973 Ed., § 1-1352.

Cross References

Administration, merit system, “subordinate agency” defined to include various offices, departments, and commissions, see § 1-603.01.

Transfer of Functions

The functions of the Office of Business and Economic Development and the Office of International Business were transferred to the jurisdiction and control of the Office of Economic Development by Reorganization Plan No. 4 of 1993, approved October 7, 1993.

Editor's Notes

Office of Business and Economic Development abolished: Section 301 of D.C. Law 10-11 and § 301 of D.C. Law 10-25 provided that in accordance with § 404(b) of the District of Columbia Self-Government and Governmental Reorganization Act of 1973, approved December 24, 1973 (87 Stat. 787; D.C. Code § 1-227(b) § 1-204.04(b), 2001 Ed. ), the Office of Business and Economic Development, established pursuant to § 3 of the District of Columbia Business and Economic Development Act of 1976, effective March 29, 1977 (D.C. Law 1-97; D.C. Code § 1-2202 § 2-1201.02, 2001 Ed. ), is abolished and all capital project authority and financial balances of the Office of Business and Economic Development shall be transferred to the Office of the Deputy Mayor for Economic Development, established pursuant to Reorganization Plan No. 3 of 1975, effective July 3, 1975 ( 21 DCR 2793; D.C. Code Vol. 1, 1981 Ed.).

Section 601(b)(6) of D.C. Law 10-11 provided that § 301 shall apply as of October 1, 1993.

Section 601(b)(6) of D.C. Law 10-25 provided that § 301 shall apply as of October 1, 1993.

Transfer of powers, duties, and responsibilities from Office of Economic Development: Section 30(d) of D.C. Law 12-144 provided for the transfer of the powers, duties, and responsibilities of the Office of Economic Development to the Board of Directors of the National Capital Revitalization Corporation, and for the abolition of the Office of Economic Development. Office of Business and Economic Development abolished: Section 701(b) of D.C. Law 10-11 provided that the act shall expire on the 225th day of its having taken effect. International Business Program abolished: Pursuant to Reorganization Plan No. 7 of 1996, effective December 13, 1996, the International Business Program in the Office of Economic Development was abolished and its functions transferred to the Office of International Affairs which was created as an independent subordinate agency within the Executive Office of the Mayor. Additionally, Reorganization Plan No. 7 of 1996 transferred to the Office of International Affairs, 2 International Business Program positions, associated property, records and unexpended balances of appropriations, and other funds, if any, that related to the positions and functions assigned to the Office of International Affairs.

Mayor's Orders

Establishment of State Job Training Coordinating Council: See Mayor’s Order 89-72, April 5, 1989.

Establishment of District of Columbia Private Industry Council: See Mayor’s Order 89-73, April 5, 1989.