(a) Subject to review and approval by the Mayor under the provisions of §§ 2-1215.04 and 2-1215.05, the formation of the Anacostia BID, which shall include all taxable property within the geographic areas set forth in subsection (b) of this section, is authorized and the BID taxes established in subsection (c) of this section are imposed through the earlier of the expiration date of this subchapter or the termination or dissolution of the BID.
(b) The Anacostia BID shall be comprised of the geographical area which is delineated as follows:
(1) All lots bordering Good Hope Road, S.E., between the Anacostia River and the intersection with 18th Street, S.E.;
(2) All lots bordering Martin Luther King, Jr. Avenue, S.E., between S Street, S.E., and the intersection with Magnolia Street, S.E.;
(3) All lots bordering Howard Road, S.E., between Martin Luther King, Jr. Avenue, S.E., and the intersection with Anacostia Drive, S.E.;
(4) All lots bordering Anacostia Drive, S.E., between Howard Road, S.E., and the intersection with Good Hope Road, S.E.; and
(5) All lots bordering Shannon Place, S.E., between U Street, S.E., and Chicago Street, S.E.
(c) The BID taxes for the taxable properties in the Anacostia BID shall not exceed $0.19 per $100.00 of assessed value.
Effect of Amendments
The 2015 amendment by D.C. Law 20-161 substituted “taxable” for “nonexempt real” throughout the section.
For temporary (90 days) addition of D.C. Law 11-134, § 210, concerning the Southwest BID, see § 2(c) of the Southwest Business Improvement District Emergency Amendment Act of 2014 (D.C. Act 20-410, Aug. 1, 2014, 61 DCR 8299).
For temporary (90 days) amendment of this section, see § 2(x) of the Business Improvement Districts Emergency Amendment Act of 2014 (D.C. Act 20-435, Oct. 7, 2014, 61 DCR 10717, 20 STAT 4154).
For temporary (90 days) amendment of this section, see § 2(x) of the Business Improvement Districts Congressional Review Emergency Amendment Act of 2014 (D.C. Act 20-582, Jan. 13, 2015, 62 DCR 1269, 21 STAT 735).