(a) Within 90 days of September 14, 2012, the Mayor shall establish a bullying prevention task force.
(b)(1) The task force shall consist of representatives from a diversity of the educational institutions and agencies that will be affected by this subchapter, as well as community representatives, including:
(B) Administrators from educational institutions and agencies;
(C) School mental health professionals;
(D) Parents, and legal guardians;
(F) Direct service providers; and
(2) In constituting this task force, the Mayor shall consider geographic and socioeconomic diversity as well as other forms of diversity.
(c) The task force shall:
(1) Provide guidance to the Mayor on the implementation of this subchapter;
(2) Within 180 days of September 14, 2012, publicize a model policy, which shall contain each of the components required in § 2-1535.03(b);
(3) Assist educational institutions and agencies with developing policies in accordance with § 2-1535.03;
(4) Compile, and make available to each agency, educational institution, and grantee, a list of free or low-cost methods for establishing the bullying prevention programs authorized in § 2-1535.06;
(5A) Appropriately engage parents and legal guardians of youth served by each agency in bullying prevention efforts;
(5B) Provide to each agency and parents or legal guardians a referral list of community-based programs or similar resources that mitigate bullying and address identified behavioral health needs as necessary;
(5C) Provide consultation and review evidence-based school climate data to ensure full implementation of the law; and
(6) Promulgate guidelines to assist the Mayor in evaluating the effectiveness of the bullying prevention policies that have been established.
(d) The task force shall disband by August 2018; provided, that at the discretion of the Mayor, a one-year extension may be granted by the Mayor.
This section is referenced in § 2-1535.03.
Effect of Amendments
The 2015 amendment by D.C. Law 21-36 added (c)(5A), (5B), and (5C) and made a related change; and substituted “by August 2018” for “2 years after its initial meeting” in (d).
For temporary (90 days) amendment of this section, see § 4132 of the Fiscal Year 2016 Budget Support Emergency Act of 2015 (D.C. Act 21-127, July 27, 2015, 62 DCR 10201).