(a) There is established a Commission on Out of School Time Grants and Youth Outcomes to develop a District-wide strategy for equitable access to out-of-school-time programs and to facilitate interagency planning and coordination for out-of-school-time programs and funding.
(b) The Commission shall consist of 21 members who represent key community stakeholder constituencies or are District agency administrative heads or their designees, including:
(1) The Director of the Office of Out of School Time Grants and Youth Outcomes;
(2) The Deputy Mayor for Education;
(3) The State Superintendent of Education;
(4) The Chancellor of the District of Columbia Public Schools;
(5) The Executive Director of the Public Charter School Board;
(6) The Director of the Department of Parks and Recreation;
(7) The Chairperson of the Council committee with jurisdiction over matters related to public education; and
(8) At least 8 nongovernmental members, appointed in accordance with § 2-1555.06.
(c) The Commission shall elect a chairperson and vice-chairperson from its membership.
(d) Nongovernmental members shall comprise a majority of the Commission.
(e) The Commission shall draft and publish rules of procedure for its operation including rules governing nominations and election of leadership, governance structure, meetings, and attendance.
Applicability of D.C. Law 21-261: § 12 of D.C. Law 21-261 provided that the creation of this section by § 6 of D.C. Law 21-261 is subject to the inclusion of the law’s fiscal effect in an approved budget and financial plan. Therefore that amendment has not been implemented.
For temporary (90 days) repeal of § 12 of D.C. Law 21-261, see § 7032 of Fiscal Year 2018 Budget Support Congressional Review Emergency Act of 2017 (D.C. Act 22-167, Oct. 24, 2017, 64 DCR 10802).
For temporary (90 days) repeal of § 12 of D.C. Law 21-261, see § 7032 of Fiscal Year 2018 Budget Support Emergency Act of 2017 (D.C. Act 22-104, July 20, 2017, 64 DCR 7032).