(a) The duties of the Commission shall be as follows:
(1) Set the goals and scope of an annual, community-wide needs assessment, which the Office shall conduct, to identify and prioritize needs for out-of-school-time programs and establish targets for out-of-school-time funding.
(2)(A) Within 12 months of April 7, 2017, and at least every 3 years thereafter, draft and approve a strategic plan for out-of-school-time programs and funding ("strategic plan") in the District that encourages interagency and community coordination and promotes equitable access for youth and families to high-quality youth development programs.
(B) The strategic plan shall draw on the data gathered and analyzed by the Office, including the annual community-wide needs assessment, to identify and resolve gaps in the distribution of out-of-school-time programs and funding, with a particular emphasis on at-risk students, geographic distribution of out-of-school-time programs and funding, and program quality.
(3) Review, on a regular basis, the efforts of the Office to fulfill the goals and priorities of the strategic plan.
(4) Review, on a regular basis, the efforts of other relevant District agencies to cooperate in achieving the strategic plan, including review of the allocation of out-of-school-time funding in school budgets, to the extent such data is available, and how such allocation aligns with the need.
(5) Identify areas for improved collaboration, problem-solving, and cooperation among District agencies regarding out-of-school-time programs and funding.
(6) Inform and approve plans for assessing the quality of out-of-school-time programs developed by the Office.
(b) The Commission may use the personnel and resources of the Office, as needed, to accomplish its duties.