For the purposes of this chapter, the term:
(1) "Economically disadvantaged individual" shall have the same meaning as set forth in § 2-218.02(7).
(2)(A) "Eligible business" means an equity impact enterprise that has $2 million or less in annual revenue and certifies in writing that the business is unable to obtain conventional financing or is a business enterprise that cannot reasonably be expected to qualify for financing under the standards of commercial lending.
(B) For the purposes of this paragraph, the phrase "unable to obtain conventional financing" means that the business has attempted but failed in the attempt to obtain financing from conventional sources.
(3) "Equity impact enterprise" shall have the same meaning as set forth in § 2-218.02(8A).
(4) "Fund" means the Equity Impact Fund established in § 2-281.02.
(5) "Fund Manager" means a private financial organization selected by the Mayor pursuant to § 2-281.03.
(6) "Private financial organization" means a partnership, corporation, trust, limited liability company, Community Development Financial Institution, or a consortium of partnerships, corporations, trusts, limited liability companies, or Community Development Financial Institutions, whether organized on a profit or not-for-profit basis, that has as its primary activity the investment of capital into businesses.