For the purpose of this chapter, the term:
(1) “Agency” includes all departments, entities, agencies, offices, or other subdivisions of the executive and legislative branches of the government of the District of Columbia as well as all independent boards, commissions, agencies, or other independent entities.
(2) “Director” means the director or head of the Department of Administrative Services, or its successor agency, or his or her designated agent.
(3) “Government employee” includes members of any board or commission appointed by the Mayor or Council, officers or employees paid by appropriated or grant funds authorized for expenditure by the District of Columbia government, or an officer or employee of any agency when acting in an official capacity.
(4) “Mass mailing” means the transmission through the mail during any 30-day period of more than 100 newsletters or similar types of materials which contain substantially identical contents.
(5) “Elected official” includes the Mayor, the Chairman of the Council, members of the Council, and Chairman and members of the Board of Education.
(6) “Official mail” means the mail which is either prepaid or postpaid by any branch, division, or other agency of the government of the District of Columbia.
1981 Ed., § 1-1701.
1973 Ed., § 1-1701.
Transfer of Functions
The functions of the Department of General Services were transferred, in part, to the Department of Public Works by Reorganization Plan No. 4 of 1983, effective March 1, 1984, and transferred, in part, to the Department of Administrative Services by Reorganization Plan No. 5 of 1983, effective March 1, 1984.