(a) The Agency shall have the authority to adopt and implement procedures and requirements for verification of address information and other information required for registration under this chapter. The procedures and requirements may include, but need not be limited to, requirements that the sex offender:
(1) Verify address information or other information at least annually, or at more frequent intervals as specified by the Agency;
(2) Return address verification forms;
(3) Appear in person for purposes of verification;
(4) Cooperate in the taking of fingerprints and photographs, as part of the verification process; and
(5) Update any information that has changed since any preceding registration or verification as part of the verification process.
(b) The Agency shall have the authority to immediately notify the Metropolitan Police Department if the Agency is unable to verify the address of or locate a sex offender who is required to register under this chapter or if the sex offender otherwise fails to comply with any requirements of this chapter.