(a) No director or officer of a District credit union shall be liable, and no cause of action may be brought against a director or officer of a District credit union, for damages resulting from:
(1) The exercise of judgment or discretion in connection with the duties or responsibilities of the director or officer unless the act or omission involved willful or wanton conduct; or
(2) An act or omission in rendering official service unless the act or omission involved willful or wanton conduct.
(b) For the purposes of this section, the term "willful or wanton conduct" means a course of action that shows an actual or deliberate intention to cause harm or violate a statute, or, if not intentional, shows an utter indifference to, or conscious disregard for, the safety of others or their property.
(c) Nothing in this section is intended to bar any cause of action against a District credit union or to change the liability of a District credit union arising out of an act or omission of any director, officer, or person exempt from liability for negligence under this section.
(d) In discharging his or her duties, a director may rely on information, opinions, reports, or statements, including financial statements and other financial data, if prepared or presented by:
(1) One or more officers or employees of the District credit union whom the director reasonably believes to be reliable and competent in the matters presented;
(2) Legal counsel, public accountants, or other persons as to matters the director reasonably believes are within the person's professional or expert competence; or
(3) A committee of the board of directors of which the director is not a member if the director reasonably believes the committee merits confidence.
(e) A director may not rely on information, opinions, reports, or statements described in subsection (d) of this section if the director has knowledge concerning the matter in question that makes reliance on the information, opinion, report, or statement unwarranted.
(f) A director is not liable for any action taken as a director or for any failure to take any action if the director performed the duties of the director's office in compliance with this section.