(a) Except as provided in subsection (b) of this section or as otherwise required by law, the Department and the employees, agents, and contractors of the Departments shall not disclose:
(1) The contents of a report or examination of a person by the Department, except as the Commissioner determines is appropriate to disclose in the final order issued under § 26-551.13;
(2) Information furnished to, or obtained by, the Department, the disclosure of which the Commissioner determines could endanger the safety and soundness of a financial institution;
(3) Personal financial information furnished to, or obtained by the Department, except as the Commissioner determines is appropriate to disclose in the final order issued under § 26-551.13.
(b) Notwithstanding subsection (a) of this section, the contents of a report or examination of a person or information, including personal information, furnished to or obtained by the Department may be disclosed:
(1) To employees, agents, and contractors of the Department in the performance of the duties of the employee, agent, or contractor;
(2) To the directors, officers, and other persons authorized by the board of directors of a financial institution or other entity, if the financial institution or other entity furnished the information to the Department;
(3) To authorized and appropriate government agencies; or
(4) In accordance with a court order.