(a) When a merger becomes effective:
(1) The surviving limited cooperative association shall continue or come into existence;
(2) Each constituent limited cooperative association that merges into the surviving association shall cease to exist as a separate entity;
(3) All property owned by each constituent association that ceases to exist shall vest in the surviving association;
(4) All debts, liabilities, and other obligations of each constituent association that ceases to exist shall continue as obligations of the surviving association;
(5) An action or proceeding pending by or against any constituent association that ceases to exist may be continued as if the merger had not occurred;
(6) Except as prohibited by law other than this chapter, all rights, privileges, immunities, powers, and purposes of each constituent association that ceases to exist shall vest in the surviving association;
(7) Except as otherwise provided in the plan of merger, the terms and conditions of the plan shall take effect;
(8) Except as otherwise provided in the plan of merger, if a merging limited cooperative association ceases to exist, the merger shall not dissolve the association for purposes of subchapter XII of this chapter;
(9) If the surviving association is created by the merger, the articles of organization shall become effective; and
(10) If the surviving association is not created by the merger, any amendments made by the articles of merger for the articles of organization of the surviving association shall become effective.
(b) A surviving limited cooperative association that is organized under the laws of a jurisdiction other than the District consents to the jurisdiction of the Superior Court to enforce any obligation owed by a constituent limited cooperative association if, before the merger, the constituent association was subject to suit in the District on the obligation. A surviving association that is organized under the laws of a jurisdiction other than the District and not authorized to do business in the District may be served with process in the same manner and with the same consequences as in § 29-104.12.
(c) A merger in which a limited cooperative and another form of entity are parties shall be governed by Chapter 2 of this title.
Uniform Law: This section is based on § 1610 of the Uniform Limited Cooperative Association Act.