(a) To be filed by the Mayor pursuant to this title, an entity filing shall be received by the office of the Mayor, and shall comply with this title, and satisfy the following:
(1) The entity filing shall be required or permitted by this title.
(2) The entity filing shall be physically delivered in written form unless and to the extent the Mayor permits electronic delivery of entity filings in other than written form.
(3) The words in the entity filing shall be in English and numbers shall be in Arabic or Roman numerals, but the name of the entity need not be in English if written in English letters or Arabic or Roman numerals.
(4) The entity filing shall be signed by or on behalf of a person authorized or required under this title to sign the filing.
(5) The entity filing shall state the name and capacity, if any, of each individual who signed it, either by or on behalf of the person authorized or required to sign the filing, but need not contain a seal, attestation, acknowledgment, or verification.
(b) If a law other than this title prohibits the disclosure by the Mayor of information contained in an entity filing, the Mayor shall accept the filing if it otherwise complies with this title, but the Mayor may redact the information.
(c) When an entity filing is delivered to the Mayor for filing, any fee required under this chapter and any fee, tax, or penalty required to be paid under this title or law other than this title shall be paid in a manner permitted by the Mayor or by that law.
(d) The Mayor may require that an entity filing delivered in written form be accompanied by an identical or conformed copy.
(e) Any record filed under this title may be signed by an agent.
This section is referenced in § 29-1004.07.
Effect of Amendments
The 2013 amendment by D.C. Law 19-210 substituted “or on behalf of a person authorized or required” for “an individual authorized” in (a)(4); and “each individual who signed it, either by or on behalf of the person authorized or required to sign the filing” for “the individual who signed it” in (a)(5); substituted “title” for “section” in (b); and added (e).
Application of Law 19-210: Section 7 of D.C. Law 19-210 provided that the act shall apply as of January 1, 2012.