(a) The Mayor may terminate the registration of a registered foreign entity in the manner provided in subsections (b) and (c) of this section if the entity does not:
(1) Pay, not later than 60 days after the due date, any fee or penalty required to be paid to the Mayor under this chapter or law other than this title;
(2) Deliver to the Mayor for filing, not later than 60 days after the due date, the biennial report, if any, a biennial report;
(3) Have a registered agent as required by § 29-104.02; or
(4) Deliver to the Mayor for filing a statement of change under § 29-104.07 not later than 30 days after a change occurs in the name or address of the entity’s registered agent.
(b) The Mayor shall terminate the registration of a registered foreign entity by noting the termination in the records of the Mayor and may deliver a copy of the notice or the information in the notation to the entity’s registered agent in the District or, if the entity does not have a registered agent in the District, to the entity’s principal office as designated in § 29-105.03(4). The notice shall state or the information in the notation shall include the:
(1) Effective date of the termination, which must be at least 60 days after the date the Mayor delivers the copy; and
(2) Grounds for termination under subsection (a) of this section.
(c) The authority of a registered foreign entity to do business in the District shall cease on the effective date of the notice of termination or notation filed under subsection (b) of this section unless, before that date, the entity cures each ground for termination stated in the notice or notation. If the entity cures each ground, the Mayor shall file a record so stating.
This section is referenced in § 29-101.06.
Effect of Amendments
The 2013 amendment by D.C. Law 19-210 rewrote the section.
Application of Law 19-210: Section 7 of D.C. Law 19-210 provided that the act shall apply as of January 1, 2012.