(a) Except as otherwise provided in the governing principles, an unincorporated nonprofit association shall have the approval of its members to:
(1) Admit, suspend, dismiss, or expel a member;
(2) Select and dismiss a manager;
(3) Adopt, amend, or repeal the governing principles;
(4) Sell, lease, exchange, or otherwise dispose of all, or substantially all, of the association’s property, with or without the association’s goodwill, outside the ordinary course of its activities;
(6) Undertake any other act outside the ordinary course of the association’s activities; or
(7) Determine the policy and purposes of the association.
(b) An unincorporated nonprofit association shall have the approval of the members to do any other act or exercise a right that the governing principles require to be approved by members.
This section is referenced in § 29-1118.
Uniform Law: This section is based on § 16 of the Uniform Unincorporated Nonprofit Association Act (2008 Act).