(a) One or more domestic or foreign partnerships may adopt a plan of interest exchange by which a domestic or foreign partnership acquires all of the outstanding partnership interests of one or more domestic partnerships in exchange for cash or securities of the acquiring domestic or foreign partnership, if:
(1) Each domestic or foreign partnership, the partnership interests of which are to be acquired under the plan of exchange, approves the plan of exchange in the manner prescribed in its partnership agreement; and
(2) Each acquiring domestic or foreign partnership takes all action that may be required by the laws of the state under which it was formed and as required by its partnership agreement in order to effect the exchange.
(b) A statement of interest exchange shall be signed on behalf of a domestic acquired entity and delivered to the Mayor for filing in accordance with § 29-102.03(a). When an interest exchange takes effect as provided in the plan of exchange:
(1) The partnership interest of each domestic partnership that is to be acquired under the plan of exchange shall be considered exchanged as provided in the plan of exchange;
(2) The former holders of the partnership interests exchanged under the plan of exchange shall be entitled only to the exchange rights provided in the plan of exchange; and
(3) The acquiring domestic or foreign partnership shall be entitled to all rights, title, and interest with respect to the partnership interests so acquired and exchanged, subject to the provisions in the plan of exchange.
1981 Ed., § 41-159.8.
2001 Ed., § 33-109.08.
This section is referenced in § 29-203.01.
Effect of Amendments
The 2013 amendment by D.C. Law 19-210 substituted “delivered to the Mayor for filing” for “filed with the Mayor” in (b).
Application of Law 19-210: Section 7 of D.C. Law 19-210 provided that the act shall apply as of January 1, 2012.