(a) A person knows a fact when the person:
(1) Has actual knowledge of it; or
(2) Is deemed to know it under subsection (d)(1) of this section or law other than this chapter.
(b) A person has notice of a fact when the person:
(1) Has reason to know the fact from all of the facts known to the person at the time in question; or
(2) Is deemed to have notice of the fact under subsection (d)(2) of this section;
(c) A person notifies another of a fact by taking steps reasonably required to inform the other person in ordinary course, whether or not the other person knows the fact.
(d) A person that is not a member shall be deemed to:
(1) Know of a limitation on authority to transfer real property as provided in § 29-803.02(g); and
(2) Have notice of a limited liability company’s:
(A) Dissolution, 90 days after a statement of dissolution under § 29- 807.02(b)(2)(A) becomes effective;
(B) Termination, 90 days after a statement of termination § 29-807.02(b)(2)(F) becomes effective; and
(C) Participation in a merger, interest exchange, conversion, or domestication, 90 days after the articles of merger, interest exchange, conversion, or domestication under subchapter IX of this chapter or under Chapter 2 of this title becomes effective.
This section is referenced in § 29-803.02.
Effect of Amendments
The 2013 amendment by D.C. Law 19-210 rewrote (d)(2)(C).
Uniform Law: This section is based on § 103 of the Uniform Limited Company Act (2006 Act).
Application of Law 19-210: Section 7 of D.C. Law 19-210 provided that the act shall apply as of January 1, 2012.