(a) A record delivered to the Mayor for filing pursuant to this chapter must be signed as follows:
(1) Except as otherwise provided in paragraph (2) and (3) of this subsection, a record signed on behalf of a limited liability company shall be signed by a person authorized by the company.
(2) A limited liability company’s initial certificate of organization shall be signed by at least one person acting as an organizer.
(3) A record filed on behalf of a dissolved limited liability company that has no members shall be signed by the person winding up the company’s activities and affairs under § 29-807.02(c) or a person appointed under § 29-807.02(d) to wind up those activities and affairs.
(4) A statement of denial by a person under § 29-803.03 shall be signed by that person.
(5) Any other record delivered to the Mayor for filing on behalf of a person shall be signed by that person.
(b) A person that signs a record as an agent or legal representative thereby affirms that the person is authorized to sign the record.
This section is referenced in § 29-809.04.
Effect of Amendments
The 2013 amendment by D.C. Law 19-210 rewrote the section.
Uniform Law: This section is based on § 203 of the Uniform Limited Company Act (2006 Act).
Application of Law 19-210: Section 7 of D.C. Law 19-210 provided that the act shall apply as of January 1, 2012.