For the purposes of this chapter, the term:
(1) “Insurer” means any individual, partnership, corporation, company, organization, professional association, or other business entity that issues, amends, or renews motor vehicle liability or homeowner’s liability insurance policies or contracts in the District of Columbia (“District”).
(2) “Child development home” means a child development program provided in a private residence for up to a total of 5 children and infants, with no more than 2 infants in the group. The total of 5 children and infants shall not include the children of the child development home caregiver who are 6 years of age or older if the total number of children of the child development home caregiver between the ages of 6 and 15 years of age does not exceed 3 children, and of those 3 children, no more than 2 are 10 years old or younger.
(3) “Child development program” means a program responsive to the stages of physical, emotional, social, and intellectual growth and behavior of infants or children.
(4) “Caregiver” means a person whose duties include direct care, supervision, and guidance of infants or children in a child development home.
(5) “Infant” means an individual between the ages of birth and 2 years.
(6) “Child” means an individual between the ages of 2 and 15 years.
(7) “Commissioner” means the Commissioner of the Department of Insurance, Securities, and Banking.
(8) “Person” means any individual, firm, partnership, company, corporation, trustee, or association.
1981 Ed., § 35-2501.
Effect of Amendments
D.C. Law 15-166, in par. (7), substituted “Commissioner of the Department of Insurance, Securities, and Banking” for “Commissioner of Insurance and Securities”.
For temporary (90 day) amendment of section, see § 4(y) of Consolidation of Financial Services Emergency Amendment Act of 2004 (D.C. Act 15-381, February 27, 2004, 51 DCR 2653).