A purchasing group and its insurer or insurers shall be subject to all applicable laws of the District, except that a purchasing group and its insurer or insurers shall be exempt, in regard to liability insurance for the purchasing group, from any law that would:
(1) Prohibit the establishment of a purchasing group;
(2) Make it unlawful for an insurer to provide, or offer to provide, insurance on a basis providing to a purchasing group or its members advantages based on their loss and expense experience not afforded to other persons with respect to rates, policy forms, coverages, or other matters;
(3) Prohibit a purchasing group or its members from purchasing insurance on a group basis described in paragraph (2) of this section;
(4) Prohibit a purchasing group from obtaining insurance on a group because the group has not been in existence for a minimum period of time or because any member has not belonged to the group for a minimum period of time;
(5) Require that a purchasing group must have a minimum number of common ownership or affiliation, or certain legal form;
(6) Require that a certain percentage of a purchasing group must obtain insurance on a group basis;
(7) Otherwise discriminate against a purchasing group or any of its members; or
(8) Require that any insurance policy issued to a purchasing group or any of its members be countersigned by an insurance agent or broker residing in the District.
1981 Ed., § 35-2906.