This chapter shall apply to all kinds of direct insurance, but shall not be applicable to the following:
(1) Life, annuity, health, or disability insurance;
(2) Mortgage guaranty, financial guaranty, or other forms of insurance offering protection against investment risks;
(3) Fidelity or surety bonds, or any other bonding obligations;
(4) Credit insurance, vendors’ single interest insurance, or collateral protection insurance or any similar insurance protecting the interests of a creditor arising out of a creditor-debtor transaction;
(5) Insurance of warranties or service contracts;
(6) Title insurance;
(7) Ocean marine insurance;
(8) Any transaction or combination of transactions between a person, including affiliates of such a person, and an insurer, including affiliates of such an insurer, which involves the transfer of investment or credit risk unaccompanied by transfer of insurance risk; or
(9) Any insurance provided by or guaranteed by government.
1981 Ed., § 35-3902.
This section is referenced in § 31-5501.