The Associate Director of Apprenticeship, under the supervision of the Director of the Department of Employment Services and with the advice and guidance of the Apprenticeship Council, shall:
(1) Administer the provisions of this subchapter in cooperation with the Apprenticeship Council, local joint apprenticeship committees, and non-joint apprenticeship committees to develop criteria and training standards for apprentices, which shall in no case be lower than those required by this subchapter;
(2) Act as secretary of the Apprenticeship Council;
(3) Approve, if approval is in the best interest of the apprentice, any apprentice agreement that meets the standards established by or in accordance with this subchapter;
(4) Terminate or cancel any apprenticeship agreement in accordance with the provisions of the apprenticeship agreement;
(5) Engage with the State Board of Education and area community colleges on the administration and supervision of related and supplemental instruction for apprentices to ensure coordination of the instruction with job experiences; and
(6) Perform such other duties as necessary to carry out the intent of this subchapter.
1981 Ed., § 36-405.
1973 Ed., § 36-125.
Effect of Amendments
The 2015 amendment by D.C. Law 21-36 rewrote the section.
For temporary (90 days) amendment of this section, see § 2(e) of the Apprenticeship Modernization Emergency Amendment Act of 2014 (D.C. Act 20-579, Jan. 13, 2015, 62 DCR 1258, 21 STAT 724).
For temporary (90 days) amendment of this section, see § 2(e) of the Apprenticeship Modernization Congressional Review Emergency Amendment Act of 2015 (D.C. Act 21-16, Mar. 26, 2015, 62 DCR 3847, 21 DCSTAT 843).
For temporary (90 days) amendment of this section, see § 2012(e) of the Fiscal Year 2016 Budget Support Emergency Act of 2015 (D.C. Act 21-127, July 27, 2015, 62 DCR 10201).
For temporary (225 days) amendment of this section, see § 2(e) of the Apprenticeship Modernization Temporary Amendment Act of 2015 (D.C. Law 20-256, Apr. 30, 2015, 62 DCR 2259).