The requirements of this chapter shall not apply to:
(1) Any employer who directly hires and compensates employees for the exclusive purpose of furnishing part-time or temporary help to others and does not in any way offer or attempt to place the employees in permanent jobs with any other employer;
(2) Any person conducting a business which, for a fee, prepares resumes for individuals but does not provide, offer, or imply the offer of any other service related to employment;
(3) Bona fide educational, religious, charitable, fraternal, and benevolent organizations in which no fee, commission, or other charge is made for services rendered other than ordinary membership dues or tuition fees;
(4) Bona fide labor organizations securing or attempting to secure employment for their members;
(5) Bona fide employees’ organizations securing or attempting to secure employment for their members;
(6) Professional counselors whose advice and counsel to individuals concerning employment is incidental to the primary counseling services provided; or
(7) Any agency or instrumentality of the United States government or the District government.
1981 Ed., § 36-1016.