For the purposes of this chapter, the term:
(1) "Athletic appeals panel" means a review panel composed of 3 voting members of the District of Columbia State Athletics Commission.
(2) "Athletic League" includes the District of Columbia Interscholastic Athletic Association or its successor, the Public Charter School Athletic Association or its successor, and any other collaborative of LEAs or schools the purpose of which is to organize interscholastic athletic completions against other members of the collaborative.
(3) "Commission" means the District of Columbia State Athletics Commission.
(4) "DCPS" means the District of Columbia Public Schools.
(5) "DCSAA" means the District of Columbia State Athletic Association.
(6) "DCSAA-sponsored sport" means a sport in which DCSAA hosts a state championship.
(7) "DCSAA-sanctioned competition" means an interscholastic athletic event or program governed by DCSAA membership standards.
(8) "Interscholastic athletics program" means all athletic activities or sports offered within a school, the purpose of which is to provide opportunities for students to compete with other students on like teams in other schools.
(9) "Local education agency" or "LEA" means the District of Columbia Public Schools system or any individual or group of public charter schools operating under a single charter.
(10) "Member school" means a public, public charter, parochial, or private school in the District that is a member of the DCSAA.
(11) "OSSE" means the Office of the State Superintendent of Education.
(12) "Participant" means an enrolled student who is attending a member school and who is listed on the tryout roster or official team roster of a school-sponsored athletic team that participates in the school's interscholastic athletics program.
(13) "Participant eligibility" means the status of a student's fitness to participate in a DCSAA-sanctioned competition based on both residency and academic requirements.
Applicability of D.C. Law 21-263: § 301 of D.C. Law 21-263 provided that the creation of this section by § 102 of D.C. Law 21-263 is subject to the inclusion of the law’s fiscal effect in an approved budget and financial plan. Therefore that amendment has not been implemented.