The Commission shall:
(1) Oversee the functions and operations of the DCSAA;
(2) Recommend changes to and annually approve the DCSAA handbook;
(3) Establish athletic appeals panels pursuant to § 38-2661.14 and issue the final decisions of such panels;
(4) Advise the Mayor, OSSE, and the Council on matters related to interscholastic athletics in the District and recommend rules to regulate interscholastic athletics programs and competitions; and
(5) Take actions necessary and consistent with the laws of the District to implement its duties under this section.
Applicability of D.C. Law 21-263: § 301 of D.C. Law 21-263 provided that the creation of this section by § 105 of D.C. Law 21-263 is subject to the inclusion of the law’s fiscal effect in an approved budget and financial plan. Therefore that amendment has not been implemented.