The Commission shall:
(1) Oversee the functions and operations of the DCSAA;
(2) Recommend changes to and annually approve the DCSAA handbook;
(3) Establish athletic appeals panels pursuant to § 38-2661.14 and issue the final decisions of such panels;
(4) Advise the Mayor, OSSE, and the Council on matters related to interscholastic athletics in the District and recommend rules to regulate interscholastic athletics programs and competitions; and
(5) Take actions necessary and consistent with the laws of the District to implement its duties under this section.
Applicability of D.C. Law 21-263: § 301 of D.C. Law 21-263 provided that the creation of this section by § 105 of D.C. Law 21-263 is subject to the inclusion of the law’s fiscal effect in an approved budget and financial plan. Therefore that amendment has not been implemented.
For temporary (90 days) repeal of § 301 of D.C. Law 21-263, see § 7033 of Fiscal Year 2018 Budget Support Congressional Review Emergency Act of 2017 (D.C. Act 22-167, Oct. 24, 2017, 64 DCR 10802).
For temporary (90 days) repeal of § 301 of D.C. Law 21-263, see § 7033 of Fiscal Year 2018 Budget Support Emergency Act of 2017 (D.C. Act 22-104, July 20, 2017, 64 DCR 7032).