The Mayor shall submit a report to the Council on the status of residency fraud investigations and the levying and collection of fines and retroactive tuition within 30 days of July 31, 2012, and on an annual basis thereafter. The report for each local education agency shall include:
(1) The number of cases investigated due to suspected fraud;
(2) The number of cases that were determined to be residency fraud;
(3) Of the cases that were determined to be residency fraud, the number that were assessed fines or retroactive tuition charges;
(4) The amount of fines and retroactive tuition charges imposed; and
(5) The amount of fines and retroactive tuition collected.
Section 4150 of D.C. Law 22-33 provided that the amendment made to this section shall apply as of June 27, 2017.
For temporary (90 day) repeal of section 3 of D.C. Law 19-126, see § 7012 of Fiscal Year 2013 Budget Support Emergency Act of 2012 (D.C. Act 19-383, June 19, 2012, 59 DCR 7764).
For temporary (90 day) repeal of section 3 of D.C. Law 19-126, see § 7012 of Fiscal Year 2013 Budget Support Congressional Review Emergency Act of 2012 (D.C. Act 19-413, July 25, 2012, 59 DCR 9290).
Section 3 of D.C. Law 19-126 provided that the act shall apply upon the inclusion of its fiscal effect in an approved budget and financial plan. D.C. Law 19-126, § 3, was repealed by D.C. Law 19-168, § 7012.