(a) There is established the Sexual Assault Response Team.
(b) The SART shall be a partnership of public and private agencies that coordinates a high-quality, multidisciplinary, victim-centered response to sexual assault cases.
(c) Membership on the SART shall consist of the following persons:
(1) The Director of the OVS, or his or her designee;
(2) The SART coordinator, who shall be appointed by the Director of the OVS;
(3) The Chief of Police, or his or her designee; provided, that the designee is a member of the Sexual Assault Unit with the rank of Captain or above;
(3) A representative from the MPD Victim Services Branch;
(4) The United States Attorney for the District of Columbia, or his or her designee; provided, that the designee is an attorney assigned to the Sex Offense and Domestic Violence Section;
(5) A representative from the Victim Witness Assistance Unit of the United States Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia;
(6) A representative from the United States Park Police;
(7) The Director, or his or her designee, of a private or nonprofit entity that is a member of the DC SANE Program; provided, that the designee is a forensic nurse examiner;
(8) The Director, or his or her designee, of a community-based advocacy organization that is providing advocacy services as part of the DC SANE Program;
(9) A representative, selected by the OVS, from a community-based organization that is providing post-assault mental health services;
(10) A representative from the designated State Sexual Assault Coalition for the District;
(11) The Director of DFS, or his or her designee; provided, that the designee is a forensic scientist;
(12) The Chief Medical Examiner, or his or her designee; and
(13) A representative from a District of Columbia-based college or university; provided, that the representative holds a position at that institution that provides direct victim services to sexual assault victims.
(d) The SART shall hold its initial meeting within 90 days after November 20, 2014. At the initial meeting, one non-governmental member of the SART shall be elected as Chairperson by a majority of the SART members.
(e) Following the SART’s initial meeting, the SART shall meet at least 6 times per calendar year.
(f) The SART shall establish its own procedures and requirements with respect to the place and manner in which it will conduct its meetings.