(a) There is established the District of Columbia Educational Opportunity for Military Children State Council. The State Council shall be composed of 7 members. The State Council shall provide for the coordination among its agencies of government, local education agencies, and military installations concerning the state’s participation in, and compliance with, the compact. The members of the State Council shall be:
(1) The Chairman of the Council, or his or her designee;
(2) The Mayor, or his or her designee;
(3) The State Superintendent of Education;
(4) A representative from a District military installation appointed by the U.S. Department of Defense;
(5) The Chancellor, or his or her designee;
(6) A public charter school leader designated by the Chairman of the Public Charter School Board; and
(7) A parent representative appointed by the Mayor. (b) Five members of the State Council shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of official business and the issuance of rules and regulations.
(c)(1) The Mayor shall designate a chairman of the State Council from among its members.
(2) The State Council shall meet at least 3 times in each year on the call of its chairman or at the request of a majority of its members.
This section is referenced in § 49-1101.03.