(a) By March 1, 2005, the Mayor shall recommend to the Council whether the school security guards shall be employees of the MPD, employees of DCPS, or contracted for by the MPD for Fiscal Year 2006 and beyond.
(b) By June 1, 2005, the Mayor, in coordination with the Superintendent, DCPS administrators, parents, students and teachers, shall develop a comprehensive plan to implement this subchapter and submit the plan to the Board of Education and the Council. The plan shall include the following:
(1) The qualifications and hiring process for school security personnel;
(2) The transfer of personnel, property, funds, and records including an ongoing procedure for allocating DCPS capital funds to MPD for security needs; and
(3) Lines of authority, supervision, and communication between the MPD and DCPS, including a process for resolving disagreements between DCPS and MPD at all levels, accepted by both the Mayor and the Superintendent.
(c) The plan required by subsection (b) of this section shall be submitted to the Council for a 45-day period of review, excluding Saturdays, Sundays, legal holidays, and days of Council recess. If the Council does not approve or disapprove the proposed plan, in whole or in part, by resolution within this 45-day period, the proposed plan shall be deemed approved.
(d) MPD and DCPS shall enter into a Memorandum of Agreement that shall specify security terms and responsibilities as outlined in the recommendation and plan submitted by the Mayor pursuant to subsections (a) and (b) of this section.
(e) Both the comprehensive implementation plan and the Memorandum of Agreement required by this section shall describe in detail, but not be limited to, the following:
(1) How school security personnel deployed at each school will provide security in coordination with the school’s principal; provided, that during emergencies, incident command shall be consistent with the District of Columbia response plan as defined by § 7-2301(1A); and
(2) How the operating and capital funds, positions, personnel, property, records, and unexpended balances of appropriations, allocations, and other funds available or to be made available to DCPS that support the provision of security to DCPS will be utilized to carry out the provisions of this subchapter.
This section is referenced in § 5-132.06.
For temporary (90 day) addition, see § 5 of Metropolitan Police Department School Safety and Security Emergency Act of 2004 (D.C. Act 15-496, August 2, 2004, 51 DCR 8797).
For temporary (90 day) addition, see § 5 of School Safety and Security Contracting Procedures Emergency Act of 2004 (D.C. Act 15-596, November 30, 2004, 51 DCR 11219).
For temporary (90 day) addition, see § 5 of School Safety and Security Contracting Procedures Congressional Review Emergency Amendment Act of 2005 (D.C. Act 16-3, January 19, 2005, 52 DCR 2675).
For temporary (225 day) addition, see § 5 of School Safety and Security Contracting Procedures Temporary Amendment Act of 2004 (D.C. Law 15-318, April 8, 2005, law notification 52 DCR 4707).