For the purposes of this chapter:
(1) “Consumer” means the purchaser of any food or any person who eats the purchased food.
(2) “Driver safety course” means an employer-sponsored course designed to teach defensive driving and road safety skills.
(3) “Food delivery service” means a service offered by a restaurant or retail business for the delivery of food or food products directly to a consumer.
(4) “Motor vehicle” means any vehicle propelled by an internal combustion engine, electricity, or steam. The term “motor vehicle” shall not include a road roller, farm tractor, vehicle propelled only upon a stationary rail or track, or a battery-operated wheelchair operated by a person with a disability at a speed not exceeding 10 miles per hour.
(5) “Restaurant” means a place in the District of Columbia (“District”) that sells or prepares food, drinks, or refreshments to be consumed by persons on or off the premises where prepared or sold.
1981 Ed., § 40-1901.
Effect of Amendments
D.C. Law 16-305, in par. (4), substituted “person with a disability” for “handicapped person”.