(a) Except as otherwise provided in this chapter, the following vehicles are exempt from the purchase requirements contained in this chapter:
(1) Any vehicle more than 26,000 pounds GVWR;
(2) Emergency or law enforcement vehicles;
(3) Nonroad vehicles, including farm and construction vehicles;
(4) Vehicles in fleets operating in the covered area with fewer than 10 vehicles;
(5) Vehicles in a covered fleet not capable of being centrally fueled;
(6) Vehicles which are garaged under normal operations at a personal residence;
(7) Vehicles leased or rented to the general public;
(8) New car demonstration vehicles; and
(9) Vehicles used for product demonstrations and tests.
(b) The fact that one or more vehicles in a fleet is not centrally fueled does not exempt an entire fleet from the purchase requirements contained in this chapter.
1981 Ed., § 40-2004.
This section is referenced in § 50-702.