(a) There is established as a special fund the Supporting Essential Workers Special Fund ("Fund"), which shall be administered by the Director in accordance with subsection (c) of this section.
(b) The Fund shall consist of:
(1) Money allocated to or deposited in the Fund by the Mayor;
(2) Funds appropriated for the Fund; and
(3) Repayments made by furlough-excepted federal employees to the District.
(c) The Fund shall be used to:
(1) Pay benefits to furlough-excepted federal employees;
(2) Pay for personnel and non-personnel costs necessary for the administration of the provisions of § 51-110.01; and
(3) Repay any contingency funds the Mayor allocates to or deposits into the Fund in accordance with subsection (b)(1) of this section.
(d)(1) The money deposited into the Fund but not expended in a given fiscal year shall not revert to the unassigned fund balance of the General Fund of the District of Columbia at the end of a fiscal year, or at any other time.
(2) Subject to authorization in an approved budget and financial plan, any funds appropriated in the Fund shall be continually available without regard to fiscal year limitations.