(a) There is established within the General Fund of the District of Columbia, the Historic Landmark-District Protection Fund (“HLP Fund”) as a nonlapsing, revolving fund; the funds of which shall not revert to the General Fund at the end of any fiscal but shall remain available, without regard to fiscal year limitation, pursuant to an act of Congress, for the purpose of paying the costs of repair work necessary to prevent demolition by neglect as described in § 6-1109.03 or for the costs of carrying out any other historic preservation program consistent with the purposes of and pursuant to this subchapter.
(b) There shall be deposited into the HLP Fund:
(1) Such amounts as may be appropriated for the fund;
(2) Grants or donations from any source to the fund or to the District of Columbia for the purposes of the fund;
(3) Interest earned from the deposit or investment of monies of the fund;
(4) Amounts assessed and collected as costs or penalties under this subchapter, or otherwise received to recoup any amounts, incidental expenses, or costs incurred or expended for purposes of the fund, or any sums received pursuant to a resolution or settlement of disputes or enforcement actions under this subchapter where the resolution or settlement provides in writing for such payment;
(5) All other receipts derived from the operation of the fund;
(6) The proceeds from the sale of real or personal property or other items of value from any source donated to the fund or to the District of Columbia for the purposes of the fund; and
(7) All proceeds from the payment of the filing fee and transmittal fees for applications to designate a historic landmark or historic district as set forth at 10-C DCMR § 205.
(c) The Mayor shall include in the budget estimates of the District of Columbia for each fiscal year such amount as may be necessary for capitalization of the HLP Fund.
(Mar. 3, 1979, D.C. Law 2-144, § 11a; as added Nov. 16, 2006, D.C. Law 16-185, § 2(p), 53 DCR 6712; Sept. 14, 2011, D.C. Law 19-21, § 2012, 58 DCR 6226; Sept. 26, 2012, D.C. Law 19-171, § 41, 59 DCR 6190.)
This section is referenced in § 6-1110.02.
Effect of Amendments
D.C. Law 19-21, in subsec. (b), deleted “and” from the end of par. (5 ), substituted “; and” for a period the end of par. (6), and added par. (7).
The 2012 amendment by D.C. Law 19-171 substituted “10-C DCMR § 205” for “10 DCMR § C 205” in (b)(7).
Short title: Section 2011 of D.C. Law 19-21 provided that subtitle B of title II of the act may be cited as “Historic Preservation Fee Authorization Clarification Amendment Act of 2011”.
Section 2015 of D.C. Law 19-21 provided that this subtitle shall apply as of October 1, 2000.