This subchapter shall not prohibit smoking in the following areas:
(1) An area where smoking is permitted by any provision of this subchapter;
(2) A tobacco shop or store primarily concerned with selling tobacco and smoking equipment;
(3) Upon the stage by performers during the course of any theatrical performance if smoking is part of the theatrical production;
(4) A tavern or nightclub as defined in § 25-101(52) and (33), respectively; or
(5) A room or hall that is used for private social functions, which includes weddings, banquets, and parties.
1981 Ed., § 6-918.
Effect of Amendments
References in Text
Section 25-103, referred to in paragraph (4) of this section, is part of Title 25, D.C. Code, which title was amended and enacted by D.C. Law 13-298, effective May 3, 2001. For disposition of the subject matter of former Title 25, see the Disposition Table preceding § 25-101.
Delegation of Authority
Delegation of authority under D.C. Law 3-22, the District of Columbia Smoking Restriction Act of 1979, see Mayor’s Order 90-192, December 13, 1990.