(a) An individual who assumes legal custody of a live born infant of unknown parentage shall file with the Registrar a report of live birth that establishes the facts of live birth. The report shall be submitted to the Registrar within 5 days after the individual obtains custody and shall include the following information:
(1) The date and place the child was found;
(2) The sex and approximate birth date of the child;
(3) The name and address of the individual or institution with whom the child has been placed for care;
(4) The name and address of the individual or institution submitting the report;
(5) The name given to the child by the custodian of the child; and
(6) Any other data required by the Registrar.
(b) The place where the child was found shall be entered as the place of live birth.
(c) Information submitted pursuant to subsection (a) of this section shall constitute the report of live birth for the child.
(d) If the child is identified and a live birth registration is found or obtained, the report submitted pursuant to subsection (a) of this section and any live birth registration resulting from that report shall be voided and placed in a sealed file and shall not be subject to inspection except upon order of the court or as provided by rules issued pursuant to § 7-231.29.