(a) The Mayor, pursuant to subchapter I of Chapter 5 of Title 2, shall issue rules to:
(1) Develop the form to collect the medical record information required by § 7-661.06;
(2) Facilitate the collection of the medical record information required by § 7-661.06; and
(3) Provide for the return of and safe disposal of unused covered medications.
(1) Specify the recommended methods by which a qualified patient, who so desires, may notify first responders of his or her intent to ingest a covered medication; and
(2) Establish training opportunities for the medical community to learn about the use of covered medications by qualified patients seeking to die in a humane and peaceful manner, including best practices for prescribing the covered medication.
A certification dated June 6, 2017, that the fiscal effect of the Death with Dignity Act of 2016, D.C. Law 21-182, has been included in an approved budget and financial plan was published in the D.C. Register on June 16, 2017 (64 DCR 5670). Therefore the creation of this section by that amendment has been implemented.
Applicability of D.C. Law 21-182: § 18 of D.C. Law 21-182 provided that the creation of this section by § 15 of D.C. Law 21-182 is subject to the inclusion of the law’s fiscal effect in an approved budget and financial plan. Therefore that amendment has not been implemented.