(a) A collector shall appropriately and visibly label any solid waste container the collector provides to a property to indicate, by visuals or description, the category of waste for which the container is intended, unless the container complies with a color scheme established by the Mayor.
(b) A collector shall submit an annual report to the Mayor that includes the following information:
(1) The total tonnage of solid waste collected in the District by the collector in the previous calendar year;
(2) A breakdown of the total tonnage reported in paragraph (1) of this subsection by the individual tonnage of solid waste source separated as required by § 8-1031.03 that was collected for delivery to recycling, composting, landfill, incineration, and any other waste processing or disposal facilities;
(3) The names, locations, and tonnage of solid waste delivered to recycling, composting, landfill, incineration, and other waste processing or disposal facilities; and
(4) Any other information the Mayor may require.
(c) A collector shall retain records of solid waste collected and disposed of for 3 years or a different period as prescribed by the Mayor.
(d) To ensure compliance with this section, the Mayor may inspect all records, documents, or data compilations in the possession or control of a collector during normal operating hours.
(e) Information submitted to the Mayor pursuant to subsection (b) of this section may not be distributed publicly except in aggregate numbers by year, facility name, type, and waste type as part of the reporting required by § 8-1031.13 Collector-specific information shall be designated confidential. Except as otherwise provided by law or court order, collector-specific information may be used only by the Mayor, the Mayor's agents and employees, other District agencies, and, as authorized by the Mayor, by the United States Environmental Protection Agency.
(f) Failure to submit an annual report required in subsection (b) of this section or to maintain a record pursuant to subsection (c) of this section may result in one or more of the following penalties:
(1) A maximum fine of $25,000; or
(2) Suspension or revocation of a collector's registration or license.