(a) On February 28, 2016, and annually thereafter, the Mayor shall provide a solid waste diversion update to the Council that shall include, at a minimum:
(1) The total tonnage of solid waste collected in the District, from both private collection and public collection properties;
(2) A breakdown of the total tonnage reported in paragraph (1) of this subsection by the individual tonnage of solid waste that was collected for delivery to recycling, composting, landfill, incineration, and any other waste processing or disposal facilities;
(3) The names, locations, and tonnage of solid waste delivered to the recycling, compost, landfill, incineration, and other waste processing or disposal facilities;
(4) A calculation of the District's solid waste diversion rate for the previous year; and
(5) A calculation of the District's per-capita solid waste generation for the previous year.
(6) Not Funded.
(7) Not Funded.
(b) On January 31, 2018, and every 4 years thereafter, the Mayor shall issue a waste characterization study describing solid waste generation, collection, recycling, composting, diversion, and management in the District.
Applicability of D.C. Law 23-211: § 6 of D.C. Law 23-211 provided that the change made to this section by § 2(l) of D.C. Law 23-211 is subject to the inclusion of the law’s fiscal effect in an approved budget and financial plan. Therefore that amendment has not been implemented.