(a) This chapter shall apply to the following types of new products sold, offered for sale, or installed in the District of Columbia:
(1) Bottle-type water dispensers;
(2) Commercial hot food holding cabinets;
(3) Metal halide lamp fixtures;
(4) Single-voltage external AC to DC power supplies;
(5) State-regulated incandescent reflector lamps;
(6) Walk-in refrigerators or freezers; and
(7) Any other products designated by the Mayor in accordance with § 8-1771.04.
(b) This chapter shall not apply to:
(1) New products manufactured in the District of Columbia and sold outside the District of Columbia;
(2) New products manufactured outside the District of Columbia and sold at wholesale inside the District for final retail sale and installation outside the District of Columbia;
(3) Products installed in mobile manufactured homes at the time of construction; or
(4) Products designed expressly for installation and use in recreational vehicles.
This section is referenced in § 8-1771.04.
Applicability of D.C. Law 23-195: § 3 of D.C. Law 23-195 provided that the change made to this section by § 2(b) of D.C. Law 23-195 is subject to the inclusion of the law’s fiscal effect in an approved budget and financial plan. Therefore that amendment has not been implemented.