For the purposes of this chapter, the term:
(1) “Abate” means to eliminate a public health nuisance, or to reduce the degree or intensity of a public health nuisance.
(2) “District” means the District of Columbia.
(3) “Person” means any individual; partnership; corporation, including a government corporation; trust association; firm; joint stock company; organization; commission; the District or federal government; or any other entity.
(4) “Property” means land, including any water thereon, and improvements to land.
(5) “Public health nuisance” means:
(A) Any property, including water, that supports the development, attraction, or harborage of vectors;
(B) Any property that has a vessel, container, or other structure holding water that provides a breeding place for vectors; or
(C) Any activity that supports the development, attraction, or harborage of vectors, or that facilitates the introduction or spread of vectors.
(6) “Vector” means any animal capable of transmitting the causative agent of human or animal disease or capable of producing human discomfort or injury, including mosquitoes, flies, mites, ticks, or other arthropods.