For the purposes of this subchapter:
(1) The term “adopted regional system” means that system described in the Transit Authority’s report entitled “Adopted Regional Rapid Rail Transit Plan and Program, March 1, 1968 (revised February 7, 1969),” as that system may hereafter be altered, revised, or amended in accordance with the Compact.
(2) The term “Compact” means the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority Compact (80 Stat. 1324, Public Law 89-774).
(3) The term “Transit Authority” means the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority established under Article III of the Compact.
(4) The term “Agreement” means the Initial Bond Repayment Participation Agreement executed by the Transit Authority and the United States Department of Transportation on September 18, 1979, and amendments thereto, including the Supplemental Agreement described in § 302 of the Initial Bond Repayment Participation Agreement.
(5) The term “local participating governments” means those governments which comprise the Washington Metropolitan Transit Zone, as defined by paragraph 3 of Article III of Title III of the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority Compact.
1981 Ed., § 1-2451.
1973 Ed., § 1-1441.
Blind and physically disabled persons, equal access to public conveyances and accommodations, see § 7-1002.
Persons displaced by programs of Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, eligibility for relocation payments and assistance, see § 6-333.01.
Appropriations authorized: Public Law 104-194, 110 Stat. 2362, the District of Columbia Appropriations Act, 1997, provided for construction projects an increase of $46,923,000 (including an increase of $34,000,000 for the highway trust fund, reallocations and rescissions for a net rescission of $120,496,000 from local funds appropriated under this heading in prior fiscal years and an additional $133,419,000 in Federal funds), as authorized by §§ 34-2405.01 through 34-2405.08; §§ 34-2413.08, 34-2413.10 and 34-2304; and §§ 10-619 and 47-3404; including acquisition of sites, preparation of plans and specifications, conducting preliminary surveys, erection of structures, including building improvement and alteration and treatment of grounds, to remain available until expended: Provided, That funds for use of each capital project implementing agency shall be managed and controlled in accordance with all procedures and limitations established under the Financial Management System: Provided further, That all funds provided by this appropriation title shall be available only for the specific projects and purposes intended: Provided further, That notwithstanding the foregoing, all authorizations for capital outlay projects, except those projects covered by the first sentence of section 23(a) of the Federal-Aid Highway Act of 1968, approved August 23, 1968 (82 Stat. 827; Public Law 90-495; D.C. Code, sec. 9-107.01, note), for which funds are provided by this appropriation title, shall expire on September 30, 1998, except authorizations for projects as to which funds have been obligated in whole or in part prior to September 30, 1998: Provided further, That upon expiration of any such project authorization the funds provided herein for the project shall lapse.