Prior to consideration by a committee of the Council of an application to close all or part of a street or alley, the Mayor shall:
(1) Provide the Council with a Surveyor’s plat showing:
(A) The street or alley, or part thereof, to be closed;
(B) The lots abutting the street or alley, or part thereof, to be closed;
(C) Any dedication of land for street or alley purposes;
(D) Any easements to be established or reserved by the District; and
(E) The person(s) to whom the title to the land to be closed is to revert or vest.
(2) Provide the Council with any comments on the proposed closing submitted by the affected District agencies and public utilities.
(3) Except as provided in § 9-202.03, refer the application to the National Capital Planning Commission for its recommendations.
(4) Refer to the Historic Preservation Review Board, as established by § 6-1103 for its review, any application to close any street located on the L’Enfant Street Plan.
(5) Refer the application to the Advisory Neighborhood Commission in whose area the street or alley to be closed is located for its review, and provide the Council with a copy of any comments submitted by the affected Advisory Neighborhood Commission.
(6) Provide notice of the application to each abutting property owner, and provide the Council with a copy of any comments submitted by an abutting property owner.
1981 Ed., § 7-422.
National capital housing authority, street and alley closing procedures, see § 6-101.02.
Delegation of Authority
Delegation of authority under Law 4-201, see Mayor’s Order 83-139, May 26, 1983.