Prior to issuing a permit for the construction of a commemorative work on public space in the District, the Mayor shall determine that:
(1) The sponsor, site, subject matter, and design of the proposed commemorative work have been approved by the Mayor and Council pursuant to § 9-204.01;
(2) The proposed commemorative work complies with requirements set forth in subchapter I of Chapter 11 of Title 6 and subchapter V of Chapter 1 of Subtitle A of Title 8;
(3) Knowledgeable persons qualified in the field of preservation and maintenance have been consulted to determine structural soundness and durability of the proposed commemorative work;
(4) The sponsor authorized to construct the commemorative work has submitted contract documents for the construction of the commemorative work to the Mayor; and
(5) The sponsor authorized to construct and maintain the commemorative work has sufficient funds to complete construction of the project and to provide for the ongoing maintenance of the commemorative work.
This section is referenced in § 9-204.18.
For temporary (90 day) amendment of section, see § 2(d) of the Commemorative Works on Public Space Emergency Amendment Act of 2000 (D.C. Act 13-564, January 31, 2001, 48 DCR 1627).