§ 1–331.10. Designation of Casey Mansion as Mayor’s Official Residence.
(a) On June 5, 2001, the Council of the District of Columbia adopted the Mayor’s May 3, 2001 recommendation (PR 14-179) to accept and approve the proposal of the Eugene B. Casey Foundation, as set forth in a February 26, 2001 letter to the Mayor from Mrs. Eugene B. Casey, to designate the site at 1801 Foxhall Road, N.W., as the official residence of the Mayor of the District of Columbia (“Casey Mansion Proposal”). The Casey Mansion Proposal provides that the Casey Mansion Foundation, which has already acquired the property at 1801 Foxhall Road, N.W., would be endowed with sufficient private resources to build and maintain, in perpetuity, all operating costs for the buildings and grounds of the official Mayor’s residence, including furnishings, housekeeping, insurance, landscaping, maintenance, security, staffing, and utilities.
(b) Prior to the issuance of any building permit for an official Mayor’s residence at 1801 Foxhall Road, N.W., the Mayor shall require that the Casey Mansion Proposal is memorialized in a document signed by representatives of the Mayor and the Eugene B. Casey Foundation or other foundation established to own, build, or maintain the Casey Mansion, which is provided to the Council and made available to the public, and which sets forth the specific terms and any conditions of the Casey Mansion Proposal, including the rights and obligations of each party, and including but not limited to information on:
(1) The amount of funds and other assets set aside for the Casey Mansion Proposal;
(2) The bylaws and members of the board of directors of the Eugene B. Casey Foundation and of any other entity or foundation that will own, build, and maintain the Casey Mansion;
(3) The amount of funds donated by the Eugene B. Casey Foundation for trees in the District, and confirmation that the amount for trees is a separate gift not tied to the District’s acceptance of the Casey Mansion Proposal;
(4) Whether the amount of funds set aside for the Casey Mansion Proposal includes funds to cover annual property tax revenue that is foregone due to ownership of the 1801 Foxhall Road, N.W., property by a nonprofit organization;
(5) Annual public financial disclosure reporting requirements associated with expenditures and sources of funds for operations of the Casey Mansion;
(6) How open and accessible the Casey Mansion buildings and grounds will be to the public; and
(7) Ensuring that the construction and operation of the Casey Mansion complies with all applicable local laws and regulations.
For temporary (90 day) addition of section, see § 21 of Technical Amendments Emergency Act of 2001 (D.C. Act 14-108, August 3, 2001, 48 DCR 7622).