§ 1–1162.02. Establishment of the Board of Ethics and Government Accountability.
(a) There is established, as an independent agency of the District government, a Board of Ethics and Government Accountability, whose purpose shall be to:
(1) Administer and enforce the Code of Conduct;
(2) Appoint a Director of Open Government;
(3) Appoint a Director of Government Ethics;
(4) Receive, investigate, and adjudicate violations of the Code of Conduct;
(5) Conduct mandatory training on the Code of Conduct;
(6) Produce ethics training materials, including summary guidelines for all applicable laws and regulations;
(7) Produce a plain-language ethics guide;
(8) Issue rules and regulations governing the ethical conduct of employees and public officials; and
(9) Establish an anonymous and confidential telephone hotline for the purpose of receiving information related to violations of the Code of Conduct or other information with regard to the administration or enforcement of the Code of Conduct.
(b) By December 31 of each year, the Board shall submit a report to the Mayor and Council with recommendations on improving the District's government ethics and open government and transparency laws, including:
(1) An assessment of ethical guidelines and requirements for employees and public officials;
(2) A review of national and state best practices in open government and transparency; and