(a) There is established the Emancipation Day Fund (“Fund”) to receive monies for the purposes of funding the Emancipation Day Parade and activities associated with the celebration and commemoration of District of Columbia Emancipation Day.
(b) The monies in the Fund shall not be a part of, or lapse into, the General Fund of the District of Columbia or any other fund of the District.
(c) By August 1st of each year, the Secretary of the District of Columbia shall submit a report to the Council that shall include a specific accounting of the expenditure of money in the Fund and any remaining balance. The report shall include:
(1) The name of any donors or list of anonymous contributions;
(2) The amount of each contribution;
(3) A description of any donated property;
(4) A description of the use of monies for presenting the Emancipation Day Parade; and
(5) Costs of parade-related programs, activities, purchases, and functions for which the money have been expended.
(d) Monies shall only be expended from the Fund for the administration of the Emancipation Day Parade. A minimum of 15% of the monies in the Fund shall be used to purchase and provide educational materials. The Fund may be used to purchase food, snacks, entertainment, and non-alcoholic beverages for the general public, participants, and District government employees to celebrate Emancipation Day.
(e) Each agency, including the Metropolitan Police Department, the District Department of Transportation, the Department of Public Works, and the Department of Parks and Recreation, shall absorb permitting, staffing, and related costs associated with the conduct of the Emancipation Day Parade.