§ 1–201.03. Definitions.
For the purposes of this chapter:
(1) The term “District” means the District of Columbia.
(2) The term “Council” means the Council of the District of Columbia provided for by part A of subchapter IV of this chapter.
(3) The term “Commissioner” means the Commissioner of the District of Columbia established under Reorganization Plan No. 3 of 1967.
(4) The term “District of Columbia Council” means the Council of the District of Columbia established under Reorganization Plan No. 3 of 1967.
(5) The term “Chairman” means, unless otherwise provided in this Act, the Chairman of the Council provided for by part A of subchapter IV of this chapter.
(6) The term “Mayor” means the Mayor provided for by part B of subchapter IV of this chapter.
(7) The term “act” includes any legislation passed by the Council, except where the term “Act” is used to refer to this chapter or other Acts of Congress herein specified.
(8) The term “capital project” means any physical public betterment or improvement, the acquisition of property of a permanent nature, or the purchase of equipment or furnishings, and includes:
(A) Costs of any preliminary plans, studies, and surveys in connection with such betterment, improvement, acquisition, or purchase;
(B) Costs incidental to such betterment, improvement, acquisition, or purchase, and the financing thereof, including the cost of any election, professional fees, printing or engraving, production and reproduction of documents, publication of notices, taking of title, bond insurance, and interest during construction; and
(C) The reimbursement of any fund or account for amounts expended for the payment of any such costs.
(9) The term “pending”, when applied to any capital project, means authorized but not yet completed.
(10) The term “District revenues” means all funds derived from taxes, fees, charges, miscellaneous receipts, grants and other forms of financial assistance, or the sale of bonds, notes, or other obligations, and any funds administered by the District government under cost sharing arrangements.
(11) The term “election”, unless the context otherwise provides, means an election held pursuant to the provisions of this chapter.
(12) The terms “publish” and “publication”, unless otherwise specifically provided herein, mean publication in a newspaper of general circulation in the District.
(13) The term “District of Columbia Courts” means the Superior Court of the District of Columbia and the District of Columbia Court of Appeals.
(14) The term “resources” means revenues, balances, enterprise or other revolving funds, and funds realized from borrowing.
(15) The term “budget” means the entire request for appropriations or loan or spending authority for all activities of all departments or agencies of the District of Columbia financed from all existing, proposed, or anticipated resources, and shall include both operating and capital expenditures.