(a)(1) Section 1-207.38 provides that the Council shall, by act, divide the District of Columbia into neighborhood commission areas and establish, for each such area, an Advisory Neighborhood Commission. Such § 1-207.38 was to be effective only if a majority of the qualified electors voting in the charter referendum voted for the establishment of the Advisory Neighborhood Commissions.
(2) In the charter referendum a majority of the qualified electors did vote to establish such Commissions, and it is the purpose of this part to implement the provisions of § 1-207.38.
(c) For the purposes of this part, the term:
(1) “Board” means the District of Columbia Board of Elections and Ethics.
(2) “Commission” means Advisory Neighborhood Commission.
(2A) "Commissioner" means a member of an Advisory Neighborhood Commission.
(2B) "Community" means those residents who reside within a Commission area.
(2C) "DCAPA" means the District of Columbia Administrative Procedure Act, approved October 21, 1968 (82 Stat. 1204; D.C. Official Code § 2-501 et seq.).
(3) “Emergency” means an action taken to immediately preserve the public peace, health, safety, welfare, or morals pursuant to § 2-505(c).
(4) “Gender identity or expression” shall have the same meaning as provided in § 1-1401.02(12A).
(5) "OANC" means the Office of Advisory Neighborhood Commissions established by § 1-309.15.