§ 1–350.06. Payment plans; discharge of delinquent debt; sale of delinquent debt; report to credit agencies.
(a) Subject to subsection (b) of this section, the Central Collection Unit, in its discretion, may:
(1) Enter into payment plan agreements with persons for payment of delinquent debt; provided, that no payment plan shall exceed a term of 5 years;
(2) Discharge as uncollectible a delinquent debt that is older than 10 years;
(3) Settle a delinquent debt for less than the full amount owed;
(4) Report delinquent debts to credit agencies;
(5) Sell delinquent debt; and
(6) Refer a delinquent debt to the Office of the Attorney General for the District of Columbia for civil or administrative collection or enforcement actions.
(b) The authority described in subsection (a) of this section shall become effective upon the issuance of an order by the Mayor delegating the Mayor’s authority, pursuant to §§ 2-402 through 2-406, as is necessary to carry out the purposes of this subchapter.